About the Seekers' Sanctuary
We walk with our eyes wide open. We focus on the real moments. Magic is known. Purpose is owned.
Life is deliberate, precious and wild. We care for others & care for country. We brave the wilderness of our own belonging. We worship at the alter of depth.
Ordinary wonderfulness is wonderfully extraordinary. Art is beauty medicine. Rest isn’t luxury, it’s necessity. And we are willing to do the necessary, to live a life that matters. On our terms.
Our CEO and Founder - Tahlee Rouillon
Tahlee Rouillon is a music composer & founder of the Seekers' Sanctuary. After completing a Bachelor of Music in 2001, Tahlee took some time off to heal from creative burnout. She was struggling with anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
Then a psychologist introduced her to a therapeutic audio technique that could reduce stress & anxiety called meditones®. By accessing research journals at her old university and working with the psychologist, Tahlee was able to start incorporating meditones into her own music.
Now she has been creating soothing meditones music for two decades to help people feel effortlessly calm and come home to themselves. Tahlee has been described as 'the voice of an angel', 'my favourite meditation music' and a 'low-key musical genius'.
She’s obsessed with dogs, forests, good food, and laughing out loud. Real loud. When you hear it, you’ll know.
Our CTO and Co-founder - Harley Bussell
Harley Bussell handles all the technical sides of the business, including development, design and keeping everything running smoothly.
Harley has almost 2 decades experience working in the software development field in many different roles. This project is the closest to his heart.
His free time is spent playing with synthesizers, cooking, and as much time in nature and the water as possible.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
We believe that another word for home, is you. And yet, some homes get to be safer than others.
The Seekers’ Sanctuary recognises that systemic inequality, racism, ableism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia and xenophobia impact that felt safety. And we are committed to taking a stand against any and all bigotry.
Even though we are only a team of two (a White Australian cisgendered woman and a biracial Australian cisgendered man), we are committed to being anti-racist, accessible and inclusive.
This means that so far we:
- have designed our website and app for accessibility including high colour contrast, clean modern sans serif fonts, readability using screen readers, and resizable content
- have designed all images on the site including all track image covers to be of nature, instead of people (which especially de-centers the White musician and composer)
- use alt-text and closed captioning for all images and videos including those on our social media pages
- offer one flat low monthly fee instead of discounts for annual subscriptions as we believe volume pricing strategies are discriminatory
- invite podcast guests from a wide range of backgrounds without resorting to tokenism so that our podcast is as diverse as possible
- have begun adding transcripts to our podcast episodes to make them more accessible
- offer additional resources in our blog posts that include books, podcasts, and websites that represent diverse authors and companies
- pledge to ensure our spaces — including our website, app and social media pages — are as safe and welcoming as possible for marginalized people
- recognise that we are allies in progress and are not immune to making mistakes or committing harmful actions. We will hold ourselves accountable and are open to feedback about how we can do better, and accept such critique with humility
- pledge to hold ourselves responsible for our emotions, and center impact over intent
- acknowledge that as a business operating in Melbourne, Australia we are working and living on the lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and the Bunurong peoples and clans of the Kulin Nation. Sovereignty was never ceded.
Please feel welcome to contact us with suggestions, feedback, or to hold us accountable to the pledges we have made to you here. You can reach us via email at [email protected]
(This is a living document that we are committed to reviewing as a team at least once per year. This page last updated September 2, 2021.)